- MVL uses reagents and consumables that are recommended for each laboratory instrument by the manufacturer.
- MVL has service contracts for all laboratory instruments. Service is performed by authorized service representatives. Preventative maintenance procedures are performed daily, monthly, and bi-annually per the manufacturer.
- No reagents, consumables or controls are used past expiration date.
2. Hematology analyzers are calibrated using whole blood
- Calibration and controls are ran when reagent is replaced or when a new lot number is started.
- Daily use of normal and abnormal controls verifies proper system performance.
- MVL follows proper procedures when a control is out of range:
1) Recalibration and rerun of control.
2) Control must be in acceptable range prior to any testing.
3) In the event that recalibration and the rerun of control do not fall into acceptable ranges:
- Prepare fresh control.
- Prepare fresh calibrator.
- Prepare and place fresh reagent.
*If none of the above work, then manufacturer customer service is notified.
– MVL maintains quality control logs for each instrument.
- Prior to any testing, each morning quality controls are performed on each instrument and recorded in the quality control log for that instrument.